5.22.2012

I just got back and I am already planning another trip

I got back from Austin late last night and I may or may not be planning a second trip back this year.  I woke up to the ACL lineup for 2012 in my mailbox (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Keys, Avett Brothers, Florence + The Machine, Alabama Shakes, The Roots, Weezer, Tegan and Sara, Old 97's---YES PLEASE!!!)  My cousin have already discussed the possibility of a second trip this year but I was waiting for the line up.  And the festival happens to be right before my birthday....hmmmm, sounds like perfect weekend in the making.
And how bad can another trip to this be?!




Austin never fails to disappoint me.  Their food scene is kind of amazing.  I don't even want to step on the scale to see the damage done.  I ate well.  And I ate stuff I wouldn't normally even consider eating-pig face, goat neck and shoulder, quail stuffed with duck liver dirty rice.  I didn't even hit the food trucks -Gourdough's, I missed you this trip, that won't happen again. (This morning I was back on the fruit smoothie with chia seeds and powered peanut butter after going for a good run.) I did have a little bout of homesickness but it was short lived; a cocktail, a float around my aunt and uncle's pool, and some fun text messages to the peeps you are missing is the cure for anything that ails you-I seriously wish I could experience Austin with my friends.  

1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

I am such a homebody, but when I get out, I have so much fun!!

Your pictures make me want to go on vacation with a quickness!

Don't get on the scale! get back to your routine, and trust that it will all come off! Scales are the devil!