3.13.2012

you can't be any geek off the street


A while back a friend of mine told me that if I hadn’t made any progress with the friend crush by the end of first quarter (yes, we’re bankers. We think in terms of quarters.) that I had to go on at least one date with a random new person.  He told me I had to put myself out there. 

So out there I am trying to put myself even if it's been slow, really freaking slow.  I got the head nod of approval from Shibani for just talking to bowling crush. After my last experience, this was actually something to be celebrated.  I learned all kinds of random facts about him.  See what happens when you actually talk to someone?! Baby steps.

Actually last week I got 2 head nods of approval.  One for just talking to bowling crush and two for an actual real live date.  If you couldn't figure it out, I am terrible at dating.  Who decides where to go?  Am I going to get so nervous that I throw up? Should I expect him to pay for dinner and drinks or is it ok if I pay for drinks and he pays for dinner?  Who calls/texts who first after the date?  If I decide I don't like him, how long do I need to sit here? Oh and the fact you have to talk to guys to even get a date in the first place. Enter Regulator (obviously not his name) and a real date was in the works.  He's not my usual type--blonde, clean shaven with no ink (NONE!), college degree, 8-5 job. He's almost the exact opposite of what I am normally attracted to-what I have been doing hasn't been working for me so I guess I should mix it up. I figured if the date went poorly, at least I could get a funny blog post about it.

Sadly (or maybe not so sadly) there is no funny blog post to be had about it.



2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

lol, i do not believe the horrible saying that "you should try what you aren't into, if what you are into isn't working for you" cus you just compromise what you want, right?

dating sucks. and it gets harder the older you get. but as long as you believe the future mr you is out there, he will find you!

We have to have SOME sort of hope, right?

Jill said...

Glad there's no funny post to write about him (although I would have enjoyed reading it). Here's to a second date!