3.05.2012

sometimes I have a little too much to say




It’s been a good hot minute or so since I ranted about something stupid that really only matters to me.  At least online that is. 
A few weeks back I met Katrina and a few other peeps out at Deagan’s Kitchen for Katrina’s birthday.  Well I might have had some cocktails and many, many Jell-o shots before arriving at the bar.  So I was pretty primed for a rant if the bear was poked.  Also I had recently gone to a sort of new restaurant owned by a sort of well known chef in town and had a pretty poor to mediocre at best meal. The service was slow among other things, not good for a place at lunch downtown.  The food was kind of eh.  And by kind of eh, I mean kind of bad.  Not a lot of flavor. The meat was so fatty it kind of grossed me out.  Good portion size is the best thing I can say about it. But when the food doesn’t taste that good, I don’t care how much you give me.  So now I have had kind of crappy service, a mediocre (yet overpriced) lunch meal.  How can this get better? Well a trip to the bathroom didn’t give me any warm fuzzies about the place. If the meal is overpriced and the service kind of crappy, the least the restaurant could do is have a clean bathroom, right?  Well grime in the sink and dirty walls don't constitute a clean bathroom. Yep, that was pretty much the nail in coffin for me.  I was over this place.  (still am actually and seriously don't understand why people like it)
So back to Deagan’s…I am now even more drunk and apparently still pissed off about my recent lunch.  So the mere mention of the chef’s name might have sent me into a rant that one of the guys (and maybe anyone within a 15 foot vicinity) might not have been ready for. I was mean.  And inappropriate.  And instead of talking crap about the chef (And maybe his wife.  Maybe especially his wife.) I should have just shut my mouth.  No one is forcing me to eat there.  No one is forcing me to support the chef.   I don’t have to support the chef’s wife either.  Take your money elsewhere and shut your hole is what I should have done.  But since when have I ever done that?! But at least I kept if off the internet.  Well, kind of. 

7 comments:

alexa - cleveland's a plum said...

dude, you have to tell me where now!

All Lacquered Up said...

No, you're not required to support any restaurant, chef or their wife but when so many people rave about a place you expect it to be good. I would be ranting too and wondering what they ate? Or what ass they're trying to kiss?

Fizzgig said...

hmmm well i only know of one big chef in the big city but i dont get out much. but the place i went to is no longer open, i've never been to his other establishments.

One thing good i can say about it is it turned me on to stemless wine glasses, where you can drink a bottle of wine and still say "i only had two glasses"....

Alana said...

i love hanging out with you after said jello shots!

CLEshopaholic said...

Maybe I need to make sure you've had a few glasses of wine before I attempt to give you a smooth "in" to a condo w. a cute boy. LOL

Allison M. said...

wait, did you do jell-o shots at Deegan's? I need to get back to that place.

Mel said...

Hmmmm... I wonder if you and I have a certain place-that-I-hate-but-people-love in common.