2.08.2012

more fun with my mother



I hate tax season.  But not for the reasons one might think.  I hate tax season because that means my mom goes to her accountant and then for months after she talks about how I should date her accountant's son.  This has been going on for the last 10 years....no joke, 10 years!  Even when I was with someone, she still would try and sell me on this guy.  I guess she hates my taste in men too. 

Here are some of the selling points she gave me on why I should date her accountant's son: 
  • We went to the same college.  Just not at the same time.  He is a few years older so I don't know him or would have even ever run in to him. If just going to the same college was a selling point, I should be glad I didn't go to a bigger school because she would be trying to set me up with anyone that ever graduated from there.
  • He has a phD.  In some science field.  Um...not sure why this is a selling point other than he has an advanced degree.  I am not a science person.  In college I took all the non lab science classes I could because I am a science idiot.
  • He has a house.  Granted it's his parents' old house so he didn't actually buy it.  His parents just moved in to a different one so he took theirs.  
  • He likes to cross breed orchids.  Yep, she used this as a selling point.  Am I 80?  Also, I kill plants.  Quickly.  With this point, I am pretty sure she wants to date him because she is the plant lady. Who cross breeds orchids?  I am afraid he might chloroform me and try to cross breed me.
  • And my favorite-----"He has a boat.  And you like water. "  This is seriously what she said.  Yeah, I like clear water like a pool.  And I like drinking on a pontoon boat on a small lake in Michigan.  What's that you say mom, he has a boat----well, we should get married!
I am sure that she will try to set me up with any male under the age of 60 at the pool in her retirement community when I go to visit her next month.  Stayed tuned.




1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

at least your mom has gone to the trouble of trying to pair up similar interests, as wacky as they may be!!

My mom tells me "i don't think there is such a thing as being happy you have to take what you can get"

Gee...thanks for keepin the dream alive, Mom!