1.24.2012

with friends like these...


Backhanded compliments are the best, aren't they?
When telling someone, who has always had a way of making me feel a just little bit bad about myself, my current pant size (not totally out of the blue or anything because if that was the case, I would say nasty stuff to me too)...would I expect their response to be anything other than what they said: "Holy Shit!  That's the size I wear"?
Um, thanks? 
Did they mean,  holy shit I can't believe your fat ass was able to squeeze in to the same size as me? Or maybe it meant, holy shit, you're tiny? Or who knows what it meant but I am not 100% sure it was a compliment.
 "Poor girl.  You just can't lose those boobs, can you?"

1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

this gets filed into the same category as "omg thats what i weigh" gee, thanks. but I was guilty too i spent my tuesday nights watching the biggest loser saying "holey shit, that's what I weigh" before starting my journey. lmao