1.10.2012

I have lost my mf-ing mind


Yesterday morning I hurt my back at the gym doing thrusters (squats in to a push press with a 45 pound bar).  Second round of seven in and I felt it go.  It's hurts to stand up straight, it hurts to get up from a sitting position, it hurts to cough, it hurts to sit on the toilet to pee (TMI? well it does.  And getting up off the toilet is no picnic either).  And because I am absolutely insane, I was trying to tough it out and take nothing stronger than Tylenol.  I was using those Icy Hot patches and resting on the couch, and trying to stretch every few hours so it didn't tighten up any more than it already was.  I wouldn't even take ibuprofen or Aleve..."Why?" one might ask.  Well, non-steroidals can cause your body to retain fluids and today was my weigh in day.  Yep, I didn't want to take any drugs that may or may not (and usually do not) have had any effect on the back pain so that I didn't have any water weight gain for today's weigh in.  I said it was take no prisoners and I didn't care who got in my way, including myself, I guess.  Plus I don't like to take meds...at all.  Hate it actually.  
I have mentioned before that I weigh myself obsessively and this past week I got on the scale and was exactly at my original goal of 50 pounds lost.  But that's an "unofficial" weigh in and therefore doesn't really count.  I know all of this makes me crazy--I am in pain and I opted to try and tough it out so I can try and have a good weigh in?!  What's another week to get to goal?!  I am competitive (and crazy...see above and actually all of my previous posts if you need additional proof) and I just wanted to have the best possible outcome. 
So now that my weigh in is over...and I HIT MY GOAL...bring on the Aleve!  I am "officially" down 50.4 pounds. Too bad this milestone is marred by some back pain but I will be jumping up and down soon enough.  Bring on the stretch goal of 60 pounds (which may be updated as I get closer to it)!!

8 comments:

Bite Buff said...

You're amazing! Congrats again.

Suzanne said...

Amazingly crazy! Thanks though.

Heather said...

#1. Congrats! You ROCK.
#2. Damn, girl, take care of that back of yours. We're not as young as we used to be, you know.
#3. Glad I'm not the only crazy.

Green Dog Wine said...

YAYYYYYYYYY! :) Congrats! So very happy for you - you worked so damn hard!!! Well deserved! :)You look amazing!

Fizzgig said...

this doesn't make you crazy, it makes you an ATHLETE! you go girl! i love to hear about these amazing accomplishments! I know, it sure isn't easy, and sacrifice, is just what you need to meet goals. You are the only one standing in your way, and you went for it!

That said, i hope you feel better!

Jill said...

Impressive and inspiring! I've got 30 pounds or so that I want to lose. Just starting though.

JenC said...

Woo hoo! That is awesome about the weight loss. Not so awesome about the back pain. I've thrown my back out twice in the last year, but luckily hasn't impeded me for too long. Hope the same is true for you.

Allison M. said...

shit - i need to do those crazy squats myself!

Congrats again.

Now go buy yourself something expensive.