9.19.2011

i've got a crush on you


I have a crush on a guy at work.  The concept of this goes against my strict "You don't get your meat where you get your bread policy." But I have a lot of rules and maybe it's time to loosen up on some of them-and I know a few people who have successfully dated (and eventually married) co-workers.  The problem is, I have the dating social skills of a 12 year old girl.  In that if I think you are cute and want to make out with you, I am completely unable to talk to you.  And if I can talk to you...UGH, cringe worthy conversation. So because of my complete lack of social skills, I asked a friend to find out details about him (Seriously, how have I ever managed to date anyone with these awesome skills?)...sexual preference, relationship status, age, etc.  He straight, single, and 26. 26?!  Welcome to Cougartown! That means when I was driving he was in first grade.  When I was able to legally buy beer, he was 12.  Age gap and a co-worker...ugh.  I must really like his beard to continue with this crush.  Maybe this week, I will pass him a note that says "Do you like me?  Check yes or no."

4 comments:

Jay said...

Once in college a buddy of mine liked this girl but couldn't talk to her, so after a few beers he asked me to go over and tell her.

Her response was: "Well tell him to get his azz over here, this isn't 2nd grade!"

Good Luck Ms. Cougar!

Heather said...

"Will you go with me? Check yes or no." I still have such fond memories of receiving those notes....

Fizzgig said...

This is so much like me, i feel the need to cheer you on and urge this forward so I can live vicariousloy thru you!

Thats what the internet is all about!!! Yes!

Crystal @EatDrinkClev said...

"You don't get your meat where you get your bread policy." - never heard this before and never ever want to forget it - SO FUNNY! I'm all for being a cougar BTW