9.08.2011

is it the weather?

(Greenhouse Tavern's steak tartare--aka raw meat!)



I haven't been feeling it lately.

I haven't felt funny, or witty, or charming, or even all that snarky. I haven't felt the need for a good passive/aggressive rant. (I am so disappointed in myself. )


I don't know what I have been feeling but I do know I have been thinking a lot about weight loss and Weight Watchers and working out and weighing myself. And a fit and healthy blogger I am not. Nor do I want to be---god, please let me talk about something other than points and pounds lost or what size pant I am now in or today's workout. The thought of it makes me want to bash my own head in to the wall.


I don't even have any good, funny stories. I haven't embarrassed myself all that much recently or if I have, the memory of it is still too raw to share. Sure, I've had some fun. Sure, I have laughed so hard I might have piddled myself just a little bit. Sure, I have also gotten angry and wanted to hit something. Sure, I have been so sad that I had to call off work and wallow. But for all the emotions the last few weeks have brought me, they have not made for good posts.


Maybe I feel the need to edit myself a little bit and that's not helping the cause. I have become a little too aware that people I don't know read this. And people that I kind of know read this. And people I know really well read this. I guess I want to protect the innocent (myself included) a little bit--unless, of course, you are out to dinner with me and then one the innocents might have a whole table full of ladies talking about raw meat. oops!

3 comments:

Bite Buff said...

Meat, it's what's for dinner.

Fizzgig said...

No one knows you better than you know yourself! If you are not sticking to your diet, this will definatly affect you (im entitled to say this after years as a fat girl!) What you eat makes a huge difference in your life.

but we do live in ohio, and the lack of sunshine latley has made everyone I know act differently!

Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll snap out of it! Just be yourself! Thats from a movie, but I can't remember which one.

Hungry In Cleveland said...

Nothing like a little raw meat and wine to make a girl smile :)