8.30.2011

to that great big spider web in the sky



I am a murderer.  A spider killer.  It's true.  It was Suzanne in the back yard with a can of hairspray and a broom.  

Last Friday, I had decided that Bertha had to go.  Enough was enough.  She was a spider after all, not a beloved cuddly pet like Mr. Bacon.  Also, my neighbors weren't psyched about 100's and 100's of babies to be just like her and I can't say that I blame them.  Bertha was cool.  She was a little bit fascinating.  But she was keeping me from my garage when the power was out (which it was out from Wednesday around midnight until Saturday afternoon---MISERABLE) because that door is the only one that can be opened when there is no power.  And her web was filled with bugs and looking a hot mess.  Oh, and she didn't eat the bugs I most wished she would---MOSQUITOS.  That's like getting a cat that doesn't eat mice-what the heck else are they good for?!
I won't get all Dexter on you and give you the graphic details on how I did the deed.  Just know it was quick.  
RIP Bertha 2011-2011.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Honestly, I think you're a saint. She would have never lasted that long at my house.

Allison M. said...

all sorts of freaked out by this.

Fizzgig said...

oh, that is a serious spider. I bet her bite is worse than her innocent web. I can't blame you!