7.22.2011

Reason #8,346,892 why I shouldn't be able to use technology when I have been drinking



Before drinking is questionable. After drinking is down right irresponsible.


For example, Wednesday, I saw my friend post a picture next to a Christmas Ale sign. So I happily invited myself to join him and his wife for a Christmas Crack or two. Two was all I needed to do damage. My Facebook update read "Mmmmm...Christmas Ale. Next up, bad decisions." So true, so true. They could have been worse but in this case those bad decisions involved Facebook stalking and Facebook emailing. And just in case you didn't know, NO! You cannot recall an unread Facebook email.


Did I email that gentleman I flirt with sometimes via text? Nope.
Did I email that ex man friend who I thought had a girlfriend but now I am not so sure does after a few late night IM's from him? Well, maybe, but that's not who I am talking about here.

Did I friend request a boy I was in love with back in the day? Nope, not this time.

No, I emailed a guy who I thought was the guy who used to work at a gas station I used to stop at back in 1993. Yeah, a guy from a gas station 18 years ago!!! I won't get in to the details about how we have mutual friends, that I didn't know were mutual friends, and his name showed up on the people you may know thing so I really didn't go searching for him. But that revelation doesn't make this story any better. I still emailed a guy from a gas station that used to sell me cigarettes when I was underage.



And the icing on the cake, having a Christmas crack hangover on a 90+ degree day and getting an email back from the gas station attendant.


What's next?! Drunken Facebooking my 7th grade teacher? I think I saw their name online recently.



image found here.

3 comments:

Allison M. said...

OMG. I need to hear all about this email on Wednesday.

Fizzgig said...

oh my so was it the right guy? you mustuse your mind recall powers only for good. harness it!

I expect to hear you on wmms drunk dial next time, its a way better use of drunken energy, I love those things!

Christina K said...

I love this post so much!