7.18.2011

It's a Veggie U lovefest up in here

Usually, I am fussing about something or someone who has irritated me.  Today is not going to be one of those days.  Today is going to be a warm mushy love fest of sunshine and rainbows and kittens (OK not kittens, but really adorable puppies).  


This past weekend, me and 14 other Clevelanders (mostly bloggers and a few significant others) took a van otherwise known as Jeff's Sexy Veggie Van out to Milan, OH for the Veggie U Food and Wine Celebration.  This was my first time attending and hopefully it won't be my last.  It was a great night full of great people, great food, great fun, and some not so great singing along to the radio.  (I like Hootie and the Blowfish and I am not ashamed to admit it---I only wanna be with you, oh) All in all, one of my favorite nights in Cleveland or with fellow Clevelanders.  Seriously folks, the food was amazing-and I will leave it up to other bloggers to tell you about the food and the event in more detail.  I didn't even get to try everything and I was stuffed and happy. It was hot as all get out and while I may have started out looking cute, I ended the night looking a little worse for wear with dirty feet, frizzy hair, and a sweaty face but I could have cared less because I had an amazing time.  One that you couldn't have planned or wished for anything more (except maybe to have fallen in love with a short, balding yet hairy, chef who would cook me delicious food and adore me forever but to wish for that on top of everything else would have just been greedy). 
And I possibly might have started or finished or somethinged a turf war with Bridget over the misters near the entrance.  No night is complete until there is a turf war.



Now a few years ago I would not have known these people let alone gotten in a van (a van with a possibly questionable tire) with them.  But thanks to the internet and the amazing group of Cleveland bloggers and a few people who decided that we needed to "network" or meet in person, I now consider these people my friends.  I know I am not alone in my gushing love for these bloggers...Katrina agrees with me (and from the retweet, so does Michelle)


I want to thank Farmer Lee Jones, Michelle V, Scott Kuhn of Washington Place Bistro for an amazing opportunity.  *We were given tickets to the Veggie U celebration at an event hosted by Washington Place Bistro and Michelle V.

Farmer Lee Jones and Ruth Reichl

Just some fan girls and Ruth Reichl

Words cannot fully express how much fun I had and how grateful I am to have these people as my friends. I am thankful for every opportunity I have been given as a result of this little blog.  The internet can be a beautiful place.  

Now someone needs to do something and piss me off, there is a little too much love up in here.

7 comments:

Green Dog Wine said...

LOVE IT! :) Seriously - I've been all smiley since we got home - Saturday was one of the best day s ever! :)

Bite Buff said...

Ha, now that was some serious mushy gushy blogger love. But we were all feelin' it (hence my tweet), and it still made me smile on Sunday. What a fantastic night!

Jeff's Sexy Van 4 Life!

All Lacquered Up said...

Aww, such a bloggie love fest. Saturday may have been hot and gross but it was one of the best days I've had in a long time and it wouldn't have been the same without everyone in Jeff's Sexy Veggie Van.

ps I totally stole two of your pics for my post since I suck and forgot to take enough.

Heather said...

I think I kinda like the lovefest Suzanne.....?

Suzanne said...

Steal away Michelle.
And Heather, let's not go getting all crazy. Love fest Suzanne isn't here to stay.

Fizzgig said...

oooooh what fun!

Oh oh, Hootie! My Edwin opened for them many moons ago! Together they did the song "use me" and I suggest youtubing it if you dont know it!

Awesome sauce!

Allison M. said...

questionable tire and no air conditioner