5.16.2011

Yep, they're really free


Yesterday, I got up early so I could stand in the cold and rain/mist/shitty Cleveland weather for a few hours to cheer on some friends and random total strangers while they ran the Cleveland Marathon or Half Marathon.  

Here is the sign I was holding for most of the race...


I loved how many people gave me high fives (and yes I know the apostrophe doesn't need to be there. That's what I get for making the poster after a 2 plus hour rain delay at the Indians game on Saturday and many beers will get you). I know some random people took photos of me holding the sign and high fiving runners but I didn't make friends with them or even have them take a photo of me holding the sign with my phone.  Photo fail.  

All my runners (and I am including everyone who gave me a high five or air high five or thought about giving me a high five in that mix) did a great job yesterday.  I always manage a get a little teary eyed when I see people doing the marathon.  They really are an inspiration.  And I just gaged myself on how girly that sounded but no joke, they are pretty darn amazing.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm with you. They're amazing (the runners, not the high 5s, though those are pretty awesome, too).

Green Dog Wine said...

Your high five was the best! :) And I'm totally with you - as I was waiting for Mike I got choked up like 10 times watching the runners who were finishing - it really is awesome!

JenC said...

Your high five gave me the boost I needed to get through the next 3 miles. I swear I flew up that bridge. Thanks buddy!

Fizzgig said...

at least you didnt do free hugs, that wouldve been sweaty!

But kudos for getting up early when you didn't have to. you deserved all those high fives!