5.13.2011

HELLO patio season---how I have missed you!!!!

Summers in Cleveland make up for the other 8 months of crappy weather and gray skies and snow and cold and general crap. Clevelanders really know how to make the most of our short time in the sun---as witnessed by some great events almost every weekend from now until September. And even though we don't have a TON of nice weather, Cleveland restaurants have noticed the need for patios (they are trying to help us get that Vitamin D we need on top of feeding us delicious food). And I say, a tip of the hat to you, Cleveland restaurants, for making some seriously rockin' patios. One of the newest additions to the patio scene is Washington Place Bistro.




Last night I was invited by Washington Place Bistro and Cleveland Foodie to a patio preview party on their newly finished patio. The weather was great (until that little bit of rain at the end). The food was great--a pig roast and all the BBQ fixins (cornbread, cole slaw, potato salad, watermelon, cookies, and BEER!) The patio was great--a great little nook in Cleveland that I can't wait to spend more time on. Yes, I will be making more trips to the East Side. And the company was great! I am a little biased, of course, but we had a pretty sweet table---- my friend, Jessica, came as my guest, All Lacquered Up, Bite Buff, Cleveland's a Plum, and HappyinCLE. Just the right combination of random and snark!




Another great part of the night was meeting with Farmer Lee Jones--he sat at our table for a few minutes after dinner talking about some of the fun stuff coming up for Veggie U (I am still so pumped for the ticket to the event! seriously, so excited and I can't hide it.)




Then because we were just so close....CHEESE at L'Albatros.




It was such a great night with great people all around. Thank you so much Washington Place Bistro -- for sharing your patio and your delicious food with us, Cleveland Foodie -- for organizing the evening, Veggie U -- for just generally being awesome and being so generous and giving us all tickets to your event in July.




2 comments:

Green Dog Wine said...

So bummed I didn't get to go - but I do finally feel better!

Maybe we need a snark patio drinking party? Soon?

Allison M. said...

yay for food! great seeing you again.