4.15.2011

I don't know how to lawnscape

I am going to admit something----I have never touched a lawn mower. I have never had to mow a lawn, until now. I am a lawnscaping virgin. I grew up in a townhouse and the community had a lawn service. And since then I have lived in apartments or rented and the lawn care was not part of the deal. So this weekend I am headed to Lowe's/Home Depot/where ever you buy lawn tools to pick out my first lawn mower. I will let you all know the first time I have to mow the lawn so you can come over, drink beer, and laugh at me trying to start the lawn mower and then actually use it while keeping all my digits and limbs. (How hard can it be..most 10 year olds can do it so why can't a 34 year old?!)

Hopefully my lawn won't look like a drunk mowed it...oh wait, well let's just hope I don't lose a digit. We can work our way up to patterns.

3 comments:

Fizzgig said...

there was some big story about lawnmowers on fox 8 news or something, where you should basically wrap in hard plastic not to get injured while mowing the grass.

they always try to scare the bejessus out of you!

maybe youll have a nice kid to mow the lawn. but then youve invited a kid over maybe they wont leave....i duno.

Heather said...

I don't know how to mow the lawn either! We have a stupid electric mower so I figure if I never learn how then I'll never have to do it.

Bite Buff said...

Have never started or pushed a lawnmower in my life, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Although, I did used to ride around on my grandma's rider mower when I young because I thought I was super cool. I don't know that I ever put the blades down though. Ha!