4.02.2011

Am I seriously ranting, AGAIN? Yep, yep. I am.



I started my blog to keep from emailing a boy that was bad news for me. Daily we would send each other stuff we thought was funny, stuff we wanted to buy, music to check out, etc. I was still finding all this stuff but knew I needed to cut off communication with him...enter blog here. The boy is long gone. Thanks to my little nonsense blog, I have met some great people and some of them have become friends in real life. I have also had some great experiences thanks to the people I have met. I am thankful for all this. But just like life, I have met people I just don't like. They aren't my people. And I am not their people either. That's OK. It's pretty obvious that I don't like everyone and I totally understand that I am not everyone's cup of tea. I am loud, opinionated, totally inappropriate 95% of the time, and I am known to be pretty funny. That's what my blog is...a totally random collection of all these things in my head that I feel the need to share with anyone who might be interested and might get a chuckle out of the stuff in my brain.


The thing I have noticed recently with a bunch of Cleveland Bloggers, and most likely bloggers everywhere, is the shameless self promotion. Twitter and Facebook have only made this worse. "Hey look at me, look what an awesome blogger I am. Look, I posted my deep thoughts online, go look at them right now. Did you hear me? RIGHT THIS SECOND. Hey guess what?! Someone found my blog looking for BIG BLACK COCKS."

That's not to say that eveyone is like this---just a few. And these few are ruining it for me. They make me embarrassed to tell people I have a blog. I don't want to be lumped in with them. I am not looking for handouts-believe me, I will take them if you want to give them to me but I am not going to chase people around looking for free stuff. I just hope people either identify with something I say, get some sort of enjoyment out of it, or get whatever we look to get out of a blog when we read them.


Half of the people that know me in real life have no idea I have a blog. It's not where I make my money so I have no need to sell it to anyone. If you like it, good. you don't, well you can suck it. Most likely if you don't like my blog, I don't like yours either..just saying.


image found here.

3 comments:

Alana said...

Keep ranting, girl. It's obnoxious to be bombarded with the same crap through the many social mediums out there.

Courtney said...

too funny. And right.

samkay64 said...

Shawn and I have been talking about this a lot lately. You're so right.