11.04.2010

you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your neighbors garbage?



I love Lakewood.  Tuesday night I put out a whole bunch of stuff that has been taking up space in the basement.  Stuff that I no longer use, need, want, whatever.  I wasn't even done putting all the stuff on the tree lawn and my neighbor (yes, that neighbor.  He has no trouble yelling at me or calling the animal warden on Bacon or picking through my trash) was already digging through it.  I looked out the window as I headed to the front door and I was greeted by his backside all up in the air as he dug through the boxes complaining to his phone-a-friend I didn't have the speaker wire attached to the speakers-they were in the box below the box of speakers but I wasn't going to tell him that.  He should work a little bit harder for the garbage, no?  By the time I got back from voting, about 75% of the stuff has been picked up.  And an hour after that, it was all gone.  I guess it's good to know that I put out some good garbage because a few times I have put stuff out there sure it would be picked up and it sat and sat.  It hurt my feelings a little when even the garbage pickers didn't want my stuff.  

image from here

1 comment:

Bite Buff said...

Isn't that sight the worst! We cleaned out our basement about a year ago, and before we were even done bringing everything out to the curb multiple neighbors were going through it. Ick.