9.01.2010

fences make good neighbors


My neighbor kind of creeps me out. This is not news, this is a fact and has been a fact for almost as long as I have lived in my current place. Last night he took out my trash cans and recyclables from behind my house to the corner. While this might be a nice gesture to some, it kind of weirded me out. I wasn't home at the time, but the house was open-I was walking Bacon. Maybe the reason he took my trash out was because he doesn't like to use his city assigned trash can and usually puts his trash in either the neighbors on his other side or my trashcan and the neighbors' can was full and mine wasn't out yet. (I still can't figure out why he is so opposed to using his own trash can-add that to the list of why I think he's a nut job) He was still outside when I came home and I asked about him taking the trash out and he was told me he sometimes puts it away too (this also creeps me out a little, ok a lot). He then really snotty said "I was being neighborly, neighbor."

He has increasingly been in my business-especially since we both got dogs. At home, I like to keep to myself a bit. Heck, I just met the neighbors that live 3 doors down after living in my house for 7 years. Just last week I heard creepy neighbor dude and a neighbor girl playing with Bacon in my backyard when I was inside the house. Little girl said Bacon nipped her-well get out of my yard and he won't nip at you. I don't know if I am just being sensitive or this bothers me because I don't really like him but I don't like it...period.
But the question is....do I say something to him and risk pissing him off (the landlord does pay him to cut the grass once a week) or do I just suffer in silence and keep looking for that house to move in to ASAP??
image found here.

2 comments:

Organic Warrior said...

Confronting a crazy person is probably not the best idea. You never know how crazy they actually are! Since he mows your lawn, he probably feels comfortable being in your yard. I wouldn't piss him off.

Mel said...

I say, listen to your gut! If he makes you uncomfortable, ignore him, or tell him to (please) stay away from you, your dog and your property.

I blatantly ignore my creepy condo neighbor -- I mean, how many times do you need to tell me that you belt your grandkids?! CREEP.