9.28.2010

anyone want to take an art class? taken an art class? know of an art class they recommend?


For the last few weeks I have had an itch to do something different:  something creative, something outside of my comfort zone (but not that far), out of my routine.  I have been thinking about taking an art class, or a pottery class, or some thing along those lines.  I am sure that the city of Lakewood offers some classes.  Or maybe a local art studio.  Or maybe I could audit an art history class or something like that.  I kind of get sick of being a banker from time to time.  And a creative home project isn't going to work since I really want to find a place to move soon--a place of my own where I can get creative and paint and decorate.  But until then, I am feeling the need to do something, something creative. 

Has anyone had an luck with adult art classes?  Any suggestions/recommendations?

image found here.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Try www.cia.edu and their continuing ed classes. They're pretty great. Pricey but great.

Lindsay said...

Cudell Fine Arts center is really cool, so I've heard and free.

http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/clnd_images/Parks/rec_sched/cfa.pdf

Sarah said...

How about a cooking class? (Not art...in the sense that most people think of art...but still) A friend owns Laurel Run Cooking School (laurelruncookingschool.com) where she teaches all kinds of different things...which turn out to be SUPER FUN times no matter what you choose!