9.13.2010

another 5k...

Yesterday I ran another 5k.  It was part of my 10k training schedule, that I haven't really been keeping up with because of a wicked case of shin splints.  Yeah, those are fun.  So I took 2 weeks off of running to try and rest and recover.  I had been in pain a few weeks before I finally gave in and rested (just from the running-I have still been swimming and doing my normal workouts because I like carbs WAY TOO MUCH and stopping working out all together would be very bad).  So I had to walk a little bit during the race but that was mainly because I was overheated---because I wore long pants and a calf sleeve.  (At about mile 2, I was about to rip off my pants which would have been interesting as I would have been running nudey from the waist down with a calf sleeve on and no one needs to see that.) But the moral of this story isn't to tell you about my awesome running career which basically consists of me coming in last in my age group-ok that wasn't this race, it was the last one with the beers and no sleep and failed booty call the night before. The point of this rambling is to tell you that morning races lead to day drinking and coveting other people's running gear.  Coveting other people's running clothes and a buzz turns in to internet shopping. Which turns in to fun UPS packages-in 2-5 business days.

I am sure NewBalance is a fan of my day drinking after races.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this post. Great job on the race (and keeping your clothes on!). :)
I gotta be honest, getting packages in the mail makes me happy.....