8.16.2010

priorities are still out of order...


Here is where I admit to how socially retarded I am---especially with the boys.  Saturday night after a few too many cocktails after an amazing dinner at my neighbor's house, I thought it was a really good idea to invite the boy over for more cocktails.  Never mind that I like to go to bed around 11pm because I am 33 going on 73.  And never mind that 5k race at 9am.  Nope.  Invite the boy over and sit on the porch drinking beers until 2:30 am.  Because good things usually happen at 2:30 am.  (I was trying to get my priorities on track.)  Ignore boy when he goes in to bedroom and asks if there is air conditioning in there.  I am apparently so clueless, boy decides to go home.  Maybe if he would have asked me to his dorm room to listen to Dave Matthews' new cd would I have caught on.  But nope, totally clueless.  I have the boy in my house....and nothing.  Nothing.  He was a bit tipsy, I was a bit tipsy.  And I went to bed alone-well not totally alone, Bacon got the other half the bed.  (and yes, I do realize that the pup should not be sleeping in my bed and two that I am getting dangerously close to being a crazy dog lady)  Seriously, when did I turn in to a 16 year old prude?  God help us all if I think that behavior is ever going to work to get a boy naked....

And on a side note, mixing 5 different cocktails, getting very little sleep, and running (or attempting to run) a 5k in 96% humidity is not a good idea.  It won't end well. And you will stink up the joint literally and figuratively.

2 comments:

Heatha said...

Next time you need to plan ahead - put a note on your fridge or bathroom mirror to remind yourself to get neked when the boy's over (and you're too tipsy to know any better!)......whatever it takes..... hehe

Alana said...

I always think it's a good idea to drink beers until 2:30 a.m. on Saturday nights too...even though I can't sleep past 8 a.m.!