8.09.2010

Greater Cleveland Triathlon/Duathlon


Sunday morning I got up crazy early to go cheer on two of my friends as they took on their newest challenge, a duathlon.  It was a 3 mile run, 25 mile bike ride, 3 mile run.  I am not going to tell you I was inspired by this event, I don't think you are going to see me out there next year.  But look how chipper they looked before the race....at 7am!


Here they go on the start of their race....

After the start of their race, I headed to the beach to check out the start of the triathlon.  Look how many people, and what an absolutely gorgeous day it was.

Jessica and Chuck finishing up their first run.  They are still looking pretty happy...I am still thinking they are kind of crazy.

After they hopped on the bike, I headed back to the beach to watch the swimmers exit the water.  They were burping and snotting and didn't look like they were having a good time at all.  I am a swimmer and even to me this looked like no fun. (I did see my friend, Jen, come out of the water so that was fun and a bit random!)

Some random dude on this bike....

They didn't close down the park so there were some random walkers on the trails.  And I did almost see a biker get hit by a truck who didn't see him while on the course. But all in all it seemed like a pretty good day for people.  Jessica and Chuck were happy even at the end.  And I really think they are crazy.

As a result of spending the entire morning at the park, my run was pushed until mid-afternoon.  And it sucked...all 3.5 miles of it.  And I was SLOW.  But considering the pain I have been in all week, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  And we're back to Monday.

This car was in the parking lot of the race...and if I do say so myself, this person is a total slacker.

2 comments:

Heatha said...

I'm impressed you still did your run - it got hot out yesterday! Nice work.

JenC said...

It was wonderfully random to see you yesterday!

I also am impressed that you still did your run in that heat!