6.07.2010

OK, seriously God, this isn't funny anymore

No fun pictures today.  I think I am going to need to stop posting about how good my mom is doing because within hours she will need to go to the hospital again.  Yesterday it was the ER with a migraine headache that she couldn't get rid of just hours after I posted that she was doing well.  Today she took a cab, a fucking cab, to the hospital because 1. she didn't want a call an ambulance because it would take her to the closest hospital and she wanted to go to the Clinic's main campus and that's not the closest hospital and 2. because she didn't want to call me and have me take her because she didn't want me to miss any more work.  My mother took a cab to the hospital.  Do you know sad this makes me?! Do you know what kind of people take a cab to the hospital?! Do you know how upset I was when I found this out?! Let's just say that work was pretty much out of the question.
So she is getting admitted again and we're looking a few more days to a week of hospital time and this time I swear she is going to aftercare and not right home-home before she is ready.

Today, one of my friend's sent me a text to say she lit a candle at the Cathedral for my mom and my mom loved it and said it worked instantly because it was not 2 minutes later that the doctors came in and put an NG tube in (basically to pump her stomach) and she felt relief. Another one of my friends checks in every day partly for my mom but mostly to see how I am doing. (The answer to this is HOT MESS, thank you for asking)  These are just a couple of examples of how great some of my friends have been.  Some of my family and some of my other "friends"....well, let's just say my Christmas list got a lot shorter. 

5 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so sorry. I am keeping you and your mom in my thoughts.

allijag said...

UGH! OMG Suzanne, I'm so sorry your mom (AND YOU!) are going through this! :( If you need me to watch Bacon or if I can help with anything else - let me know!

Bite Buff said...

Thinking of you and your mom...

Fizzgig said...

I'll send you positive energy!

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Hang in there, girl. :)