4.15.2010

like running barefoot through the grass

Yesterday while walking in the Rocky River Metroparks, I had the season's first sighting of the barefoot runner (and I mean barefoot, no shoes, not even these freakish looking things above). Last year I only ever seemed to see him on Sunday mornings so I was taken aback when I saw him last night. But it was the first ture sign of Spring to me. You know, the first day the crazies are out and about?
"barefoot" shoes exist. you can get them here. If you ever see me in these, please check me in to the nearest psych ward.

5 comments:

Organic Warrior said...

As I was running BAREFOOT down the street chasing my escaped puppy this morning, I thought to myself-wow this really sucks, I wish I had shoes on. So running voluntarily in the park while barefoot seems awful. Its all fun & games until you have to get that plantars wart cut out of your foot! Oh, & those shoes are the stupiest things I've ever seen! Even worse than Crocs.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Does he run in grass or on pavement barefoot?!? Either way, I'd imagine you'd get some nasty injuries (or germs!) that way, no? SICK!

P.S. I have two friends who own those ridic toe shoe things.

Jane said...

Hahaha... I have a pair just like the ones in your picture. I got them for $10 due to a crazy fluke at REI, but I've only worn them a couple of times because they make me feel like a crazy person.

Suzanne said...

AAB, he runs on the road, the paved path and the dirt trails. He's kind of all over the place. And the first time I saw him, I thought he was an escaped mental patient. He might just be that but he must escape a lot!

As for barefoot running, I saw a bunch of internet stuff showing how great it is for you. That just proves to me that too much running makes you insane.

Bite Buff said...

Ewww,those shoes above are so gross! They remind me of toe socks.