2.17.2010

since I wrote it down, now I have to do it.


I am not very religious but I usually try to give up something for Lent. This year, I am going to try to give a few things. Things that aren't going to be easy.
This year I am giving up:
  • ice cream (my ice cream consumption has gotten a bit out of control)
  • the vending machine (I love the vending machine almost as much as I love ice cream and there is NOTHING in that machine that is good for you or needed. It's also overpriced)
  • meat on Fridays (I am already doing meatless Mondays so another day shouldn't kill me, right?!)
  • ONLINE SHOPPING, more correctly ONLINE BUYING. (I am putting gap.com on lockdown. Amazon, we're over for the next 40 days. If I want something, I am going to have to go to an actual store to buy it. I suspect Gap's 2nd quarter profits will take quite a hit as a result of my online shopping hiatus, sorry economy.)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ahhh... I should give up online shopping, but I don't think I could do it.