7.14.2009

we're going to have a touchy feely moment here


After at least a year (more like two years plus) of being in some sort of constant funk, I feel the tide is finally turning. I have felt brief moments of this before but it was usually tied to something fleeting. I still have good days and bad days but the good days are starting to outnumber the bad days, finally!!! (and without the help of any medication to assist in lightening the mood) I don't expect life to be all sunshine and roses but these past two years can suck it. I really forgot that I am a good person who deserves to be treated like a good person. I believed the bull that was being fed to me and then really beat myself up for believing it.

I am really starting to come to terms with who I am. I will continue to have my moments but I know my faults and more importantly my strengths. I know when I am being pushed too far and I know what kinds of people I want to surround myself with. I know that I have to be more selective in who gets a say in my life and it's really only my voice that matters. And that voice needs to speak up a little more often.

image from here.



4 comments:

alexa - cleveland's a plum said...

that quote is exactly what i needed to read right now!

i'm twittering it...

and yes, i'm still devastated about who's bad

Mel said...

Ha! I LOVE it!

Both you and Alexa are awesome souls -- who do not need crappy people bringing you down. Cheers, ladies!

JenC said...

right freakin on! you rock!

Jane said...

That is awesome! Also, YOU are awesome.