5.19.2009

Things are getting out of hand

I broke down and bought a watch...not just any watch, an Ironman watch.  In no way shape or form am I saying this watch is the most precious piece in my jewelry collection. It was actually pretty cheap, and bought at my beloved Target. It's not a fancy GPS watch, I have the USATF.org site to track my distance and other things I would rather spend the money on (this site is pretty much my wish list and a GPS watch has not appeared...ever).  

The reason this watch is a big purchase for me is because I bought it for running: to actually time myself running a mile so I can know what is an improvement from that point.  What is happening to me?!  It was only a 9 week training program but who have I become?!


But my friends are crazy if they think I am running the half-marathon next year! 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What is happening!!!! :) I want one.

I noticed I've gained some weight since I started running. I can't tell if it's because I'm gaining muscle or if eating carbs are at fault.

You are doing great and I am proud of you. You are gonna look HOT at the lake this year.